- •Millions in the United States struggle to afford their prescribed insulin.
- •Recent legislation provides insulin price capping only for Medicare recipients
- •No current legislation provides relief for those with private insurance or who are uninsured.
- •Nurse practitioners are in a unique position to help shape public health policy.
- •Nurse practitioners should feel empowered to contact their representatives and advocate for their patients by supporting insulin price capping.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
In compliance with standard ethical guidelines, the author reports no relationships with business or industry that may pose a conflict of interest.