- •Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) is a pedagogical approach used to enrich learning.
- •COIL uses digital technology to enhance course content through a global lens.
- •Knowledge and behavior of course content improved after 3 weeks of COIL activities.
- •COIL offers a venue for nurse practitioner students to be more culturally aware.
- •COIL offered students the ability to exchange ideas about evidence-based practice.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A concept analysis of intercultural communication.Nurs Forum. 2021; 56: 993-999https://doi.org/10.1111/nuf.12622
- Increasing cultural awareness: qualitative study of nurses’ perceptions about cultural competence training.BMC Nurs. 2019; 18: 38https://doi.org/10.1186/s12912-019-0363-x
- Juggling to survive: master of science postgraduate nursing students’ experiences of studying far from home.J Res Nurs. 2019; 24: 250-262https://doi.org/10.1177/1744987118812537
- Transatlantic collaborations: baccalaureate nursing students’ experiences of participating in a semester-long study abroad program.Nurs Educ Perspect. 2022; 43: 357-362https://doi.org/10.1097/01.NEP.0000000000001000
- Collaborative Online International Learning experience in practice opportunities and challenges.J Technol Manag Innov. 2016; 11: 30-35https://doi.org/10.4067/S0718-27242016000100005
- The SUNY COIL Center.https://coil.suny.edu/Date accessed: September 29, 2022
- Implementation of a collaborative online international learning program in nursing education: protocol for a mixed methods study.BMC Nurs. 2022; 21: 252https://doi.org/10.1186/s12912-022-01031-9
- Collaborative Online International Learning to prepare students for multicultural work environments.Nurse Educ. 2019; 44: E1-E5https://doi.org/10.1097/NNE.0000000000000609
- A concept analysis of intercultural communication.Nurs Forum. 2021; 56: 993-999
- International Relations.https://www.nurse.cmu.ac.th/web/en/Detail.aspx?id=4136Date accessed: October 1, 2022
- Using Padlet for collaborative writing among ESL learners.Creative Educ. 2019; 10: 610-620https://doi.org/10.4236/ce.2019.103044
- The effectiveness of closed caption videos in classrooms: objective versus subjective assessments.J Instr Pedagog. 2019; 22: 1-8
- A rising tide: how closed captions can benefit all students. EDUCAUSE Review.(August 28, 2017)https://er.educause.edu/articles/2017/8/a-rising-tide-how-closed-captions-can-benefit-all-studentsDate accessed: September 28, 2022
- The SUNY Global Network.https://coil.suny.edu/global-network/Date accessed: September 29, 2022
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Funding: This project was funded by the Office of the Vice Provost for Global Affairs, at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
In compliance with standard ethical guidelines, the authors report no relationships with business or industry that would pose a conflict of interest