- •Stakeholder engagement and feedback were used to develop a transition toolkit.
- •The toolkit facilitated improvements in clinics’ transition care processes.
- •Lessons are shared for developing practical transition toolkits.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Adult congenital heart disease: past, present and future.Acta Paediatrica. 2019; 108: 1757-1764https://doi.org/10.1111/apa.1492
- Systematic narrative review of pediatric-to-adult care transition models for youth with pediatric-onset chronic conditions.Child Youth Serv Rev. 2020; 118 (N.PAG)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.childyouth.2020.105415
- Supporting the health care transition from adolescence to adulthood in the medical home.Pediatrics. 2018; 142: 1-21https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2018-2587
- Assessment of transition readiness in adolescents and young adults with chronic health conditions.Pediatr Rheumatol. 2017; 15: 70https://doi.org/10.1186/s12969-017-0197-6
- Perceptions of health care transition care coordination in patients with chronic illness.Pediatrics. 2018; 141: 1-8https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2017-3168
- Graduation day: healthcare transition from pediatric to adult.Nutr Clin Pract. 2018; 33: 81-89https://doi.org/10.1002/ncp.10050
- Healthcare transition for adolescents and young adults with long-term conditions: qualitative study of patients, parents and healthcare professionals’ experiences.J Clin Nurs. 2019; 28: 4062-4076https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.15006
- Primary care interventions to improve transition of youth with chronic health conditions from paediatric to adult healthcare: a systematic review.BMJ Open. 2016; 6https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2016-011871
- What care models have generalists implemented to address transition from pediatric to adult care? A qualitative study.JGIM: J Gen Intern Med. 2019; 34: 2083-2090https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-019-05226
- The National Alliance to Advance Adolescent Health.
- GotTransition.org. Got Transition®.https://gottransition.org/Date accessed: July 18, 2022
- Evaluation of a health care transition improvement process in seven large health care systems.J Pediatr Nurs. 2019; 47: 44-50https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pedn.2019.04.007
- Pediatric to adult transition: a quality improvement model for primary care.J Adolesc Health. 2015; 56: 73-78https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2014.08.006
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
In compliance with standard ethical guidelines, the authors report no relationships with business or industry that would pose a conflict of interest.