- •Pediatric developmental checklists were updated in early 2022.
- •Evidence-informed developmental checklist discourages a wait-and-see approach and facilitates clinical judgment.
- •Open-ended questions are provided to prompt conversations with providers.
- •Checklists for 15- and 30-month children are added.
- •Percentage of children able to achieve a milestone changed from 50% to 75%.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Promoting Optimal Development: Identifying Infants and Young Children With Developmental Disorders Through Developmental Surveillance and Screening.in: Pediatric Clinical Practice Guidelines & Policies: A Compendium of Evidence-based Research for Pediatric Practice. 21st ed. American Academy of Pediatrics, 2021: 1103-1123https://doi.org/10.1542/9781610025034-part03-promoting
- Establishing new norms for developmental milestones.Pediatrics. 2019; 144e20190374https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2019-0374
- Evidence-informed milestones for developmental surveillance tools.Pediatrics. 2022; 149e2021052138https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2021-052138
- Quantitative evaluation of content and age concordance across developmental milestone checklists.J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2019; 40: 511-518https://doi.org/10.1097/dbp.0000000000000695
- Examining parents’ experiences and information needs regarding early identification of developmental delays.J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2015; 36: 575-585https://doi.org/10.1097/dbp.0000000000000205
- Lean the Signs. Act Early. Milestone Checklists.https://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Portals/0/FormsDocs/Health/WIC/CDC_LTSAE-Checklists_WIC-Version_FINAL-2019-508.pdfDate: 2004Date accessed: July 8, 2022
- Lean the Signs. Act Early. Milestone Checklists.(Updated 2022)https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/actearly/pdf/FULL-LIST-CDC_LTSAE-Checklists2021_Eng_FNL2_508.pdfDate accessed: July 8, 2022
- Better Together: Developmental screening and monitoring best identify children who need early intervention.Disabil Health J. 2018; 11: 420-426https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dhj0.2018.01.002
- Developmental delay in a resource-constrained environment: screening, surveillance and diagnostic assessment.S Afr Fam Pract (2004). 2021; 63: e1-e4https://doi.org/10.4102/safp.v63i1.5306
In compliance with standard ethical guidelines, the authors report no relationships with business or industry that would pose a conflict of interest.