- •Unfolding case studies can be used by faculty to increase nurse practitioner student self-efficacy.
- •Unfolding case studies can be used by faculty to assess diagnostic reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- •Unfolding case studies allow faculty to create and map assignments to competencies
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Nurse Practitioner Core Competencies Content.https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.nonpf.org/resource/resmgr/competencies/2017_NPCoreComps_with_Curric.pdfDate accessed: May 26, 2022
- Guide for Constructing Self-Efficacy Scales.in: Pajares F. Urdan T. Self-Efficacy Beliefs of Adolescents. Information Age Publishing, 2006: 307-337
- Mentoring and self-efficacy.Adv Neonatal Care. 2015; 15: e3-e11https://doi.org/10.1097/ANC.0000000000000227
- Mentoring, Self-Efficacy and Nurse Practitioner Students: A Modified Replication.(Doctoral dissertation) Ball State University, 2008https://cardinalscholar.bsu.edu/handle/123456789/193456Date accessed: May 26, 2022
- The revised scale for caregiving self-efficacy: reliability and validity studies.J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 2002; 57: P74-P86
- Effects of unfolding case-based learning on academic achievement, critical thinking, and self-confidence in undergraduate nursing students learning health assessment skills.Nurse Educ Pract. 2022; : 103321https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2022.103321
- The Use of an Unfolding Case Study to Enhance Self-Efficacy in Nursing Students, 2015 Students.(DNP capstone project) Gardner-Webb University, 2015https://digitalcommons.gardner-webb.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?httpsredir=1&article=1203&context=nursing_etdDate accessed: May 26, 2022
- What’s a Nurse Practitioner?.https://www.aanp.org/about/all-about-nps/whats-a-nurse-practitionerDate accessed: May 26, 2022
- Evaluation, Management, and Decision Making.in: Halter J.B. Ouslander J.G. Studenski S. Hazzard’s Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology. McGraw Hill, 2017: 151-156
- Is general self-efficacy a universal construct? Psychometric findings from 25 countries.Eur J Psychol Assess. 2002; 18: 242-251
- Generalized Self-Efficacy Scale. Causal and Control Beliefs.in: Weinman J. Wright S. Johnston M. Measures in Health Psychology: A User’s Portfolio. NFER-Nelson, 1995: 35-37
National League for Nursing. Advancing Care Excellence for Seniors. Red Yoder. Accessed May 26, 2022. https://www.nln.org/education/teaching-resources/professional-development-programsteaching-resourcesace-all/ace-s/unfolding-cases/red-yoder-6121c65c-7836-6c70-9642-ff00005f0421
- Advancing Care Excellence for Seniors.https://www.nln.org/education/teaching-resources/professional-development-programsteaching-resourcesace-all/ace-sDate accessed: July 3, 2022
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care and Primary Care NP Competencies.https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.nonpf.org/resource/resmgr/files/np_competencies_2.pdfDate accessed: May 26, 2022
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Funding. This study was funded by the Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association Foundation's 2020 Foundation Award
In compliance with standard ethical guidelines, the authors report no relationships with business or industry that would pose a conflict of interest.