Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Falls. April 26, 2021.https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/fallsDate accessed: January 10, 2022
- Facts about falls.(August 6)https://www.cdc.gov/falls/facts.htmlDate: 2021Date accessed: January 10, 2022
- Keep on your feet-preventing older adult falls.(September 29)https://www.cdc.gov/injury/features/older-adult-falls/index.htmlDate: 2020Date accessed: January 10, 2022
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. Reduce fall-related death among older adults. Healthy People 2030. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Accessed January 10, 2022. https://health.gov/healthypeople/objectives-and-data/browse-objectives/injury-prevention/reduce-fall-related-deaths-among-older-adults-ivp-08
- Cost of older adult falls.(2020, July 2)https://www.cdc.gov/falls/data/fall-cost.htmlDate accessed: January 10, 2022
- Interventions to prevent falls in older adults.JAMA. 2018; 319: 1705https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2017.21962
- Falls prevention in community-dwelling older adults: interventions.(2018, April 17)https://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf/recommendation/falls-prevention-in-older-adults-interventionsDate accessed: January 10, 2022
Centers of Disease Control and Prevention. How much physical activity do older adults need? Accessed January 10, 2022. https://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/basics/older_adults/; 2021, August 6.
Department of Health & Human Services. Physical activity guidelines for Americans: 2nd edition. Accessed January 10, 2022. https://health.gov/sites/default/files/2019-09/Physical_Activity_Guidelines_2nd_edition.pdf#page=67; 2018.
National Council on Aging. Evidence-based programs for professionals: Exercise programs that promote senior fitness. Accessed January 10, 2022. https://www.ncoa.org/article/exercise-programs-that-promote-senior-fitness; 2021, January 1.
- Twelve-month retention in and impact of Enhance® Fitness on older adults in Hawai‘i.J. Aging Res. 2019; : 1-7https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/9836181
- Office. Elder Fall Prevention Act of 2003, H.R.3513, 108th Cong.https://www.govinfo.gov/app/details/BILLS-108hr3513ih/Date: 2003Date accessed: September 2, 2021
- About STEADI.(July 16)https://www.cdc.gov/steadi/about.htmlDate: 2020Date accessed: October 23, 2020
- Tools for assessing fall risk in the elderly: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Aging Clin. Exp. Res. 2017; 30: 1-16https://doi.org/10.1007/s40520-017-0749-0
- Factors influencing the implementation of falls prevention practice in primary care.J. Am. Assoc. Nurse Pract. 2020; 33: 108-116https://doi.org/10.1097/jxx.0000000000000360
- A longitudinal fall prevention study for older adults.J. Nurse Pract. 2019; 15: 295-300.e1https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nurpra.2018.10.012
- Outcomes of primary care-based Medicare annual wellness visits with older adults: A scoping review.Geriatr. Nurs. 2019; 40: 590-596https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gerinurse.2019.06.001
- STEADI: Empowering healthcare providers to reduce fall risk.(September 16)https://www.cdc.gov/steadi/provider-training/index.htmlDate: 2020Date accessed: August 1, 2021
- Get fit for life: Exercise, & physical activity for healthy aging.(2020, October)https://order.nia.nih.gov/sites/default/files/2021-02/exercise-physical-activity-get-fit4-life.pdfDate accessed: June 3, 2021
- 5 tips to help you stay motivated to exercise.https://order.nia.nih.gov/sites/default/files/2021-01/5-Tips-Motivated-Exercise-Poster.pdfDate accessed: June 3, 2021
- Time up and go test.https://www.cdc.gov/steadi/pdf/STEADI-Assessment-TUG-508.pdfDate: 2017Date accessed: January 10, 2022
- 30-second chair stand test.https://www.cdc.gov/steadi/pdf/STEADI-Assessment-30Sec-508.pdfDate: 2017Date accessed: January 10, 2022
- Exercise interventions for improving physical function, daily living activities and quality of life in community-dwelling frail older adults: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Geriatr. Nurs. 2020; 41: 261-273https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gerinurse.2019.10.006
- The effects of physical exercise on balance and prevention of falls in older people: A systematic review and meta-analysis.J. Clin. Med. 2020; 9: 2595https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm9082595
- Physical activity, injurious falls, and physical function in aging: An umbrella review.Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 2019; 51: 1303-1313https://doi.org/10.1249/mss.0000000000001942
- The effectiveness of exercises on fall and fracture prevention amongst community elderlies: A systematic review and meta-analysis.J. Orthop. Tranl. 2020; 24: 58-65https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jot.2020.05.007
National Institute on Aging. Four types of exercise can improve your health and physical ability. Accessed January 10, 2022. https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/four-types-exercise-can-improve-your-health-and-physical-ability; 2021, January 29.
- The pace and prognosis of peripheral sensory loss in advanced age: Association with gait speed and falls.BMC Geriatr. 2018; 18https://doi.org/10.1186/s12877-018-0970-5
- Economic evaluations of falls prevention programs for older adults: A systematic review.J. Am. Geriatr. Soc. 2018; 66: 2197-2204https://doi.org/10.1111/jgs.15578
- Search the physician fee schedule.(2022, January 1)https://www.cms.gov/medicare/physician-fee-schedule/searchDate accessed: January 24, 2022
- Barriers and facilitators to older adults participating in fall-prevention strategies after transitioning home from acute hospitalization: A scoping review.Clin. Interv. Aging. 2020; 15: 971-989https://doi.org/10.2147/cia.s256599
- (2021). Changes in activity levels, physical functioning, and fall risk during the covid-19 pandemic.J. Am. Geriatr. Soc. 2021; 70: 49-59https://doi.org/10.1111/jgs.17477
- Aging program funding.(2021, October)https://assets-us-01.kc-usercontent.com/ffacfe7d-10b6-0083-2632-604077fd4eca/f737a08e-3250-4fe7-be44-873516fd4d16/NCOA-Advocacy-FY22-10-18.pdfDate accessed: November 11, 2021
- Overcoming obstacles to policies for preventing falls by the elderly: Final report.(2017, February)https://www.hud.gov/sites/documents/OVERCOMINGOBSTACLESFALLS.PDFDate accessed: November 11, 2021
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
In compliance with standard ethical guidelines, the author reports no relationships with business or industry that would pose a conflict of interest.