- •Transition into the adult gerontology acute care nurse practitioner (AGACNP) student role can be a time of stress.
- •Development of essential clinical skills as an AGACNP student is crucial.
- •Preclinical hospital immersion experience has potential to improve role transition.
- •AGACNP students report improvement in confidence/competence after immersion.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Factors related to successful transition to practice for acute care nurse practitioners.AACN Adv Crit Care. 2016; 27: 173-182https://doi.org/10.4037/aacnacc2016619
- The first year as a nurse practitioner: an integrative literature review of the transition experience.J Nurs Educ Prac. 2017; 8: 54-62https://doi.org/10.5430/jnep.v8n5p54
- Evaluation of a nurse practitioner pregraduate clinical residency model.J Nurse Pract. 2019; 5: e1-e8https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nurpra.2018.09.001
- Advanced health assessment in nurse practitioner programs: follow-up study.J Prof Nurs. 2007; 23: 137-143https://doi.org/10.1016/j.profnurs.2006.12.005
In compliance with standard ethical guidelines, the authors report no relationships with business or industry that would pose a conflict of interest.