- •The Donabedian model allowed for the delineation of structure and process to identify cancer genetics quality care outcome successes and deficiencies.
- •The nurse practitioner (NP)-led cancer genetic screening and surveillance program met all quality outcomes.
- •Using NPs for hereditary cancer syndrome screening and cancer surveillance is a highly effective method of delivering preventative cancer services.
- •This model of care can be implemented in all NP practices, anticipating similar outcomes.
- •Adherence scores were higher than expected as attributed to shared decision-making.
- Precision health: a nursing perspective.Int J Nurs Sci. 2019; 7: 5-12
- Genetic/familial high-risk assessment: colorectal. National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
- Germline genetic features of young individuals with colorectal cancer.Gastroenterology. 2017; 154: 897-905
- Risk assessment and genetic testing for inherited gastrointestinal syndromes.J Gastro Hepatol. 2019; 15: 462-470
- Genetic service delivery models exploring approaches to care for families with hereditary cancer risk.Clin J Oncol Nurs. 2019; 23: 60-67
- The perils of single-site genetic testing for hereditary cancer syndromes in the era of next-generation sequencing.Oncologist. 2018; 23: 393-396
- Healthy People 2020 topics and objectives. Office of Disease Prevention.
- ACG clinical guideline: genetic testing and management of hereditary gastrointestinal cancer syndromes.Am J Gastroenterol. 2015; 110: 223-263
- Effective identification of Lynch Syndrome in gastroenterology practice.Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. 2019; 17: 666-680https://doi.org/10.1007/s11938-019-00261-1
- Colorectal cancer: Microsatellite instability/mismatch repair testing in the era of digital pathology.J Gastroenterol. 2020; 159: 1235-1237https://doi.org/10.1053/j.gastro.2020.08.006
- A clinical decision support tool to predict cancer risk for commonly tested cancer-related germline mutations.J Genet Counsel. 2018; 27: 1187-1199
- An introduction to quality assurance in health care.Oxford University Press, 2003
- Current genetic service delivery models for the provision of genetic testing in Europe: a systematic review of the literature.Front Genet. 2019; 10: 1-27
- Current practice for genetic counseling by nurses: an integrative review.Int J Nurs Pract. 2017; 24: 1-9
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
In compliance with standard ethical guidelines, the authors report no relationships with business or industry that would pose a conflict of interest.