- •Parental awareness of school-based (SB) telehealth programs is a perceived barrier to utilization.
- •Utilization of SB telehealth programs can be improved by increasing awareness.
- •Increasing SB telehealth education leads to an increase in parental knowledge.
- 15 million kids in health care deserts, can telehealth make a difference? Retrieved September 9, 2019 from.https://ms01.childrenshealthfund.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/White-Paper-4.4.2016.pdfDate: 2016
- Implementing school-based telehealth for children with medical complexity.Journal of Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine. 2016; 9: 237-240https://doi.org/10.3233/PRM-160385
- School absenteeism in the first decade of education and outcomes in adolescence.Journal of School Psychology. 2019; 76: 48-61https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsp.2019.07.010
- Systematic review of school telehealth evaluations.Journal of School Nursing. 2019; 35: 61-76https://doi.org/10.1177/1059840518817870
- Effect of the school-based telemedicine enhanced asthma management (SB-TEAM) program on asthma morbidity: A randomized clinical trial.JAMA Pediatrics. 2018; 172: 1https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2017.4938
- Association of a school-based, asthma-focused telehealth program with emergency department visits among children enrolled in South Carolina Medicaid.JAMA Pediatrics. 2019; 173: 1041-1048https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2019.3073
- Results of an asthma education program delivered via telemedicine in rural schools.Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. 2018; 120: 401-408https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anai.2018.02.013
- Telemedicine for children with developmental disabilities: A more effective clinical process than office-based care.Telemedicine and E-Health. 2015; 21: 11-114https://doi.org/10.1089/tmj.2013.0379
Florence 1 Schools. (5/8/20). Telehealth doctoral project. Blackboard.
- Twenty years of school-based health care growth and expansion.Health Affairs (Project Hope). 2019; 38: 755-764https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2018.05472
In compliance with standard ethical guidelines, the authors report no relationships with business or industry that would pose a conflict of interest.