- •The objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) is adequately applicable to the nursing and midwifery context.
- •The implementation of the OSCE gives an exact idea of the performance of the learner.
- •The OSCE helps to optimize evaluation in terms of fairness for students.
- •The OSCE is designed to reduce bias in the assessment of clinical competence.
- Integrating standardized patients and objective structured clinical examinations into a nurse practitioner curriculum.J Nurse Pract. 2016; 12: e201-e210https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nurpra.2016.01.017
- Midwifery students better approximate their self-efficacy in clinical lactation after reflecting in and on their performance in the LactSim OSCE.Adv Simul (Lond). 2020; 5: 28https://doi.org/10.1186/s41077-020-00143-z
- Assessment of clinical competence using objective structured examination.BMJ. 1975; 1: 447-451https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.1.5955.447
- Reliability analysis of the objective structured clinical examination using generalizability theory.Med Educ Online. 2016; 21: 31650https://doi.org/10.3402/meo.v21.31650
- Evaluating nurse practitioner students through objective structured clinical examination.Nurs Educ Perspect. 2015; 36: 53-54https://doi.org/10.5480/13-1078.1
- Objective structured clinical examination (OSCE): review of literature and implications for nursing education.Nurse Educ Today. 2007; 27: 481-490https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2006.08.009
- Protocol: exploring the objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) using institutional ethnography.Int J Educ Res. 2018; 88: 42-47https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijer.2018.01.002
- Standardized patient simulation for a graduate nursing program.J Nurse Pract. 2018; 14: e5-e11https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nurpra.2017.09.017
- Loi 44-13.Fr.pdf.(Accessed April 24, 2021)
- Students′ concerns about the pre-internship objective structured clinical examination in medical education.Educ Health (Abingdon). 2014; 27: 188https://doi.org/10.4103/1357-6283.143787
- Comparison of traditional testing methods and standardized patient examinations for therapeutics.Am J Pharm Educ. 2001; 65: 236-240
- Using OSCE as an assessment tool for clinical skills: medical students’ feedback.2018https://www.researchgate.net/publication/324438193_USING_OSCE_AS_AN_ASSESSMENT_TOOL_FOR_CLINICAL_SKILLS_MEDICAL_STUDENTS'_FEEDBACKDate accessed: August 5, 2021
- Reliability and validity of OSCE in evaluating clinical skills of emergency medicine students of Birjand University of Medical Sciences.J Birjand Univ Med Sci. 2011; 18: 312-319
- Clinical learning environment of nursing and midwifery students in Ghana.BMC Nurs. 2021; 20: 14https://doi.org/10.1186/s12912-020-00533-8
- Assessment of the midwifery students’ clinical competency before internship program in the field based on the objective structured clinical examination.Iran J Nurs Midwifery Res. 2018; 23: 31https://doi.org/10.4103/ijnmr.IJNMR_181_16
- Student evaluation of an OSCE in paediatrics at the University of the West Indies, Jamaica.BMC Med Educ. 2004; 4: 22https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6920-4-22
- Competency-based education in a clinical course in conservative dentistry.Br Dent J. 2001; 191: 6
Funding: This study was funded by University Hassan first’s own fund (grant no. FP/2020/02). The funding body had no involvement in the design of the study, the data collection, the analyses and interpretation, or the manuscript preparation
In compliance with standard ethical guidelines, the authors report no relationships with business or industry that would pose a conflict of interest.