- •Post-master’s DNP-APRN perceive competency in all DNP Essentials.
- •Before and after programmatic comparisons of engagement in DNP-APRN Essentials are needed.
- •Post-master’s DNP-APRNs perceive highest engagement in DNP Essential VIII.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Doctor of Nursing Practice: the role of the advanced practice nurse.Semin Oncol Nurs. 2015; 31: 263-272https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soncn.2015.08.002
- Institute of Medicine. Crossing the quality chasm: A new health system for the 21st century.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2001
American Association of Colleges of Nursing. The essentials of doctoral nursing education for advanced practice. www.aacn.nche.edu/publications/position/DNPEssentials.pdf; 2006. Accessed August 28, 2017.
- Health Professions Education: A Bridge to Quality.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2003http://www.nationalacademies.org/hmd/Reports/2003/Health-Professions-Education-A-Bridge-to-Quality.aspx(Accessed August 28, 2017)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice education: impact on advanced nursing practice.Semin Oncol Nurs. 2015; 31: 273-281https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soncn.2015.08.002
- Practicing DNP’s perceptions of the DNP.Clin Scholars Rev. 2013; 6: 91-97https://doi.org/10.1891/1939-2095.6.2.91
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice and role assimilation: strategies for success.Clin Scholars Rev. 2014; 7: 109-113https://doi.org/10.1891/1939-2095.7-2.109
- Does a Doctorate of Nursing Practice make a difference in patient care?.J Nurse Pract. 2017; 13: 392-393https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nurpra.2017.02.014
- APRN survey on roles, functions, and competencies.Clin Scholars Rev. 2011; 4: 18-22
- Comments surrounding the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP): stress, ambiguity, and strain.J Nurs Ed Pract. 2017; 7: 76-86https://doi.org/10.5430/jnep.v7n4p76
- Nurses in the United States with a practice doctorate: implications for leading in the current context of health care.Nurs Outlook. 2015; 63: 124-129https://doi.org/10.1016/j.outlook.2014.08.003
- Perceptions of the role of the Doctor of Nursing Practice-prepared nurse: clarity or confusion.J Prof Nurs. 2015; 31: 274-283https://doi.org/10.1016/j.profnurs.2015.01.004
- Masters in nursing degrees: an evaluation of management and leadership outcomes using a retrospective pre-test design.J Nurs Manage. 2012; 20: 102-112https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2834.2011.01346.x
- The DNP clinical competencies and performance objectives of comprehensive care.in: Honig J. Reinisch C. Smolowitz J. Writing DNP Clinical Cases Narratives: Demonstrating and Evaluating Competency in Comprehensive Care. Springer Publishing, New York, NY2010: 29-36
- Development of DNP competencies in comprehensive care.in: Honig J. Reinisch C. Smolowitz J. Writing DNP Clinical Cases Narratives: Demonstrating and Evaluating Competency in Comprehensive Care. Springer Publishing, New York, NY2010: 11-28
- Doctor of Nursing Practice program evaluation and beyond: capturing the profession’s transition to the DNP.Nurs Ed Perspect. 2009; 30: 362-366
National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF). Practice doctorate nurse practitioner entry-level competencies. http://ymcdn.com/sites/www.nonpf.org/resource/resmgr/competencies/dnp%20np%20competenciesapri12006.pdf; 2006. Accessed August 28, 2017.
American Association of Nurse Practitioners. State practice environments. https://www.aanp.org/legislation-regulation/state-legislation/state-practice-environment. Accessed October 26, 2017.
- DNP involvement in healthcare policy and advocacy.in: Chism L.A. The Doctor of Nursing Practice: A Guidebook for Role Development and Professional Issues. 3rd ed. Jones & Bartlett, Burlington, MA2016: 149-173
In compliance with national ethical guidelines the authors report no relationships with business or industry that would pose a conflict of interest.