- •This column discusses the common strategies used by those who have successfully lost weight and then maintained that weight loss over time.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prevalence of obesity among adults and youth: United States, 2011-2014.NCHS Data Brief. 2015; 219: 1-8
What are the health risks of overweight and obesity? National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute website. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/obe/risks. Updated July 13, 2012. Accessed December 5, 2015.
Aim for a healthy weight - Facts about healthy weight. National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute website. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-pro/resources/heart/aim-facts-html. Accessed December 5, 2015.
- Weighing the evidence of common beliefs in obesity research.Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2015; 55: 2014-2053
- Weekend-weekday differences in diet among U.S. adults, 2003-2012.Ann Epidemiol. 2016; 26: 57-65
- Consumption of sugar drinks in the United States, 2005-2008.NCHS Data Brief. 2011; 71: 1-8
Physical Activity. President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition website. http://www.fitness.gov/resource-center/facts-and-statistics/. Accessed December 15, 2015.
- Sleep duration and body mass index and waist circumference among U.S. adults.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2014; 22: 598-607
- Relationship between sleep quality and quantity and weight loss in women participating in a weight-loss intervention trial.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2012; 20: 1419-1425