Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal for Nurse Practitioners
- The annual impact of seasonal influenza in the US: measuring disease burden and costs.Vaccine. 2007; 25: 5086-5096
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Seasonal Influenza. http://www.cdc.gov/flu. Accessed October 27, 2012.
Thompson MG, Shay DK, Xhou H, et al. Estimates of deaths associated with seasonal influenza—United States, 1976-2007. http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5933a1.htm. Accessed November 30, 2012.
- Immunization of health-care personnel: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.MMWR. 2011; 60: 1-45
- The compelling need for game-changing influenza vaccines: an analysis of the influenza vaccine enterprise and recommendations for the future.Center for Infectious Disease Research & Policy, University of MinnesotaOctober 2012Accessed October 27, 2012)
- Factors influencing pandemic influenza vaccination of healthcare workers—a systematic review.Vaccine. 2012; 30: 4733-4743
- Protecting patients, protecting healthcare workers: a review of the role of influenza vaccine.Int Nurs Review. 2012; 59: 161-167
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Influenza coverage: FluVaxView. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/vaccination/vaccinecoverage.htm. Updated September 26, 2012. Accessed October 28, 2012.
- Influenza vaccination coverage among health-care personnel—2011-12 influenza season, United States.MMWR. 2012; 61: 753-757
US Department of Health and Human Services. Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. Healthy People 2020. http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/default.aspx. Accessed November 30, 2012.
- Approved: New infection control requirement for offering influenza vaccination to staff and licensed independent practitioners.Jt Comm Perspect. 2006; 26: 10-11
National Influenza Vaccine Summit. PreventInfluenza.org. http://preventinfluenza.org/. Accessed October 27, 2012.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Hospital inpatient quality reporting program. https://www.cms.gov/HospitalQualityInits/08_HospitalRHQDAPU.asp. Updated October 4, 2012. Accessed October 6, 2012.
Ajzen I. Icek Ajzen: Theory of Planned Behavior. http://www.people.umass.edu/aizen/tpb.html. Accessed October 6, 2012.
Kung YM. A quality improvement project to increase influenza vaccination in healthcare personnel at a university health center. JAANP. In press.
- Influenza vaccination status and influenza-related perspectives and practices among US physicians.Am J Infect Control. 2006; 34: 164-169
- Barriers to adult immunization.Am J Med. 2008; 121: S28-S35
- The WEKA data mining software: an update.SIGKDD Explorations. 2009; 11: 10-18
- Improving rates of influenza vaccination among healthcare workers: educate; motivate; mandate?.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 107-110
- Influenza vaccination among registered nurses: information receipt, knowledge, and decision-making at an institution with a multifaceted educational program.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 99-106
In compliance with national ethical guidelines, the author reports no relationships with business or industry that would pose a conflict of interest.