Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 2006 Report on the global AIDS epidemic. UNAIDS, Geneva, Switzerland2006Accessed April 20, 2007.)
- A trial comparing nucleoside monotherapy with combination therapy in HIV-infected adults with CD4 cell counts from 200 to 500 per cubic millimeter. AIDS Clinical Trials Group Study 175 Study Team.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 1081-1090
- Declining morbidity and mortality among patients with advanced human immunodeficiency virus infection.N Engl J Med. 1998; 338: 853-860
- Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-Infected Adults and Adolescents. Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD2006
- Treatment for adult HIV infection: 2006 recommendations of the International AIDS Society-USA panel.JAMA. 2006; 296: 827-843
- Edmunds ME Mayhew MS Pharmacology for the Primary Care Provider. 2nd ed. Elsevier Mosby, St Louis, MO2004: 710-720
- Brunton LL Lazo JS Parker KL Goodman and Gillman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 11th ed. McGraw Hill, New York, NY2006: 1280-1310
- Kasper DL Fauci AS Longo DL Braunwald E Hauser SL Jameson JL Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 16th ed. McGraw Hill, New York, NY2005: 1123-1139
- Renal tubular dysfunction associated with tenofovir therapy: report of 7 cases.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2004; 35: 269-273
- Efficacy and safety of tenofovir DF vs stavudine in combination therapy in antiretroviral-naive patients.JAMA. 2004; 292: 191-201
- Metabolic and skeletal complications of HIV infection.JAMA. 2006; 296: 844-854
- Primary care guidelines for the management of persons infected with human immunodeficiency virus; recommendations of the HIV medicine association of the Infectious Diseases Society of America.Clin Infect Dis. 2004; 39: 609-629
- Crystalluria and urinary tract abnormalities with indinavir.Ann Intern Med. 1997; 127: 119-125
- Enfuvirtide, an HIV-1 fusion inhibitor, for drug-resistant HIV infection in North and South America.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 2175-2185
Penny MA, Boucher M, Man M, et al. Pharmacogenetic analysis of polymorphisms in chemokine receptors CCR5 and CCRT with respect to safety and tolerance of maraviroc (abstract H-1099). Presented at the 45th Interscience Conference of Antimicromobial Agents and Chemotherapy, December 16–19, 2005, Washington, DC.
- Adherence to medication.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 487-497
- Hepatoxicity associated with nevirapine use.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2004; 35: 538-539
- Severe hepatoxicity associated with nevirapine use in HIV infected subjects.J Infect Dis. 2005; 191: 825-829
- The KLEAN study of fosamprenavir-ritonavir versus lopinavir-ritonavir, each in combination with abacavir-lamivudine, for initial treatment of HIV infection over 48 weeks: a randomized non-inferiority trial.Lancet. 2006; 368: 476-482
Malan N, Krantz E, David N, et al. Efficacy and safety of atazanavir-based therapy in antiretroviral naive HIV-1 infected subjects, both with and without ritonavir: 48 week results from AI424-089 (abstract 107LB). Presented at the 13th Conference on Retrovirus and Opportunistic Infections, February 5–8, 2006, Denver, CO.
- Comparison of sequential three-drug regimens as initial therapy for HIV-1 infection.N Engl J Med. 2003; 349: 1850-1861
- Abacavir versus zidovudine combined with lamivudine and efavirenz, for the treatment of antiretroviral-naive HIV-infected adults.Clin Infect Dis. 2004; 39: 1038-1046
- HIV infection, hepatitis C infection, and HAART: hard clinical choices.JAMA. 2004; 292: 243-250
- Myelomeningocele in a child with intrauterine exposure to efavirenz.AIDS. 2002; 16: 299-300
- FDA/Bristol Myers Squibb Issues Caution for HIV Combination Therapy with Zerit and Videx in Pregnant Women. US Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MDJanuary 5, 2001 (Talk Paper T01-02.)
- Lactic acidosis and hepatic steatosis associated with the use of stavudine: a report of four cases.Ann Intern Med. 2000; 133: 192-196
- For the PACTG 1022 Study team. Maternal toxicity with continuous nevirapine in pregnancy: results from PACTG 1022.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2004; 36: 726-772
- Long-term effectiveness of potent antiretroviral therapy in preventing AIDS and death: a prospective cohort study.Lancet. 2005; 366: 378-384
- Plasma viral load and CD4+ lymphocytes as prognostic markers of HIV-1 infection.Ann Intern Med. 1997; 126: 946-954
- Incidence of pancreatitis in HIV-1 infected individuals enrolled in 20 AIDs clinical trials group studies: lessons learned.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2005; 35: 159-166
- Long-term follow up of asymptomatic HIV-infected patients who discontinued antiretroviral therapy.Clin Infect Dis. 2005; 41: 390-394
In conjunction with national ethical standards, this author reports no relationships with business or industry that represent a conflict of interest.